Position: Truck Driver 1, 2 & 3
Location: Various Projects – as assigned
Employee Type: Non-exempt, seasonal
Manages Others: No
Reports to: Construction Manager or Superintendent
Summary of Functions
Operate a variety of off highway construction vehicles used in earth moving operations, including but not limited to: articulating trucks, rigid framed haul trucks, agricultural tractors, in a safe and efficient manner.
TRUCK DRIVER 1: 10+ years of driving experience.
TRUCK DRIVER 2: 5+ years of driving experience.
TRUCK DRIVER 3: 2+ years of driving experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Maintain a clean driving record.
• 40 Hour HAZWOPER training.
• Ability to pass mandatory post offer drug screen, background check and physical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Participate in a drug-free workplace with a random drug testing program.
• Responsible for driving a safety culture which promotes Incident and Injury Free Performance.
• Safely and efficiently operate off highway construction vehicles for dust control and dirt compaction.
• Transport soil and other material to appropriate location for stockpiling or disposal.
• Use hand-held mobile radio units to coordinate tasks and resources.
• Read and comply with safety plans, rules, maintenance instructions, training materials, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), warning tags, traffic signs and procedure manuals.
• Ability to perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
• Operational characteristics of a variety of off highway construction vehicles (including articulated dump trucks).
• Maintenance requirements of off highway construction vehicles.
• Methods and materials used in general construction and maintenance work.
• Principles and techniques of field maintenance activities.
• Traffic laws, ordinances, and rules involved in heavy equipment operation.
• Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
Skills and Ability to:
• Ability to embrace a culture of safety.
• Experience working in an environment which demands outstanding safety performance a plus.
• Safely and efficiently operate off highway vehicles.
• Perform a variety of skilled construction and maintenance tasks.
• Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods in unfavorable weather conditions.
• Work independently in the absence of supervision.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Communicate clearly and concisely.
• Excellent customer relations skills.
• Exemplify a strong work ethic.
• Work extended hours, including evenings and weekends as required.
Construction site environment; exposure to dust, noise, hazardous materials (utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment); work in inclement weather conditions.
Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities such as heavy lifting and climbing; operating motorized equipment and vehicles; work in confined spaces; work at heights, work around heavy construction equipment.
Maintain effective audio/visual discrimination and perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties
requested by their supervisor.
It is the policy of Forgen to fill every position without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable law. Forgen is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors and co-workers.