Location: Various Projects, as assigned
Employee Type: Exempt, Full-Time
Manages Others: Yes
Reports to: Regional Manager or his designee
Summary of Functions
Manage each project assigned according to FORGEN corporate philosophy of safe, quality production while securing the most favorable economic outcome for FORGEN. The Project Manager will understand and comply with published Company policy and procedures. The position may require travel 70% or more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving a safety culture which promotes Incident and Injury Free Performance.
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project.
- Assist with estimating and proposals of assigned bid opportunities with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, takeoff information, production rates, subcontractors and overall project approach.
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Responsible for development of basic project schedules. Responsible for all project cost administration processes to include; completing/reviewing project budget, weekly receiving reports, cost reports and providing monthly cost and revenue forecasts. Responsible for insuring accurate production reporting and interfacing with client representatives and responsible for administration of all subcontractors.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.).
- Responsible for understanding of general contract administration and a complete understanding of all project contract requirements. Responsible for recognizing changes in project scope and or conditions, ability to develop claims and responsible for leading claim and change negotiations.
- Supervise employees and other subcontractors as required by the contract. Responsible for hiring and disciplinary actions with all assigned project staff to include both project craft and salaried staff.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e. interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc. as required. Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of employees, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the projects.
- Responsible for the overall profit and loss for assigned projects.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- BS, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent Project related experience
- Must have 5 years of progressive Project Management experience including direct supervisory experience at the salaried level
- USACE QCS System, AutoCAD, Primavera, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office.
- In-Situ Stabilization project experience is preferred.
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training
- 8-Hour OSHA Refresher
- Competent Person Safety Training
- 30-Hour OSHA Construction Safety Training
Representative Machines, Tools, Equipment
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, earplugs, gloves, hard hat safety glasses, steel toed work boots, and safety vest.
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Job Site environment, including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust and fumes.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
It is the policy of FORGEN to fill every position without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable law. FORGEN is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors and co-workers.