Position: Laborer 1, 2 & 3
Location: Various Projects – as assigned
Employee Type: Non-exempt, seasonal
Manages Others: No
Reports to: Construction Manager or his designee
Summary of Functions
Execute general construction laborer duties.
- LABORER 1: 5+ years of construction laborer experience.
- LABORER 2: 2+ years of construction laborer experience.
- LABORER 3: 1+ year of construction laborer experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER training.
- Ability to pass mandatory post offer drug screen, background check and physical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participate in a drug-free workplace environment with a random drug testing program.
- Responsible for driving a safety culture which promotes Incident and Injury Free Performance.
- Assist with excavation and/or hand excavation of contaminated soils.
- Perform numerous manual duties, including: the operation of both manual and mechanical clearing equipment, operate power washer, direct traffic, general housekeeping, fuel equipment and other general construction tasks.
- Read and comply with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) which accompany all chemicals present at the hazardous waste site.
- Execute tasks from detailed written and oral instructions.
- Use hand-held mobile radio units to coordinate tasks and resources.
- Read and comply with safety plans, rules, maintenance instructions, training manuals, MSDS’s, warning tags, traffic signs, and procedure manuals.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Ability to embrace a culture of safety.
- Experience working in an environment which demands outstanding safety performance a plus.
- Able to work in areas of uneven terrain.
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy labor tasks (i.e. fencing, material handling, pipeline construction, working on slopes, working in wet and inclement conditions).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods in unfavorable weather conditions.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
- Exemplify a strong work ethic.
- Ability to successfully pass all required training.
- Work extended hours, including evenings and weekends as required.
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Job Site environment, including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust, fumes, noise, toxic materials; waste and infectious materials; work in inclement weather conditions.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities such as heavy lifting and climbing; work in confined spaces; work at heights, work around heavy construction equipment.
- Maintain effective audio/visual discrimination and perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
It is the policy of FORGEN to fill every position without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable law. FORGEN is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors and co-workers.