Location: Various Projects, as assigned
Employee Type: Exempt, Full-Time
Manages Others: Yes
Reports to: Project Manager or Construction Manager
Summary of Functions
Responsible for scheduling, coordinating and supervising of craft employees; material coordination; upholding and enforcing safety and policies and procedures. Responsible for the coordination and support of the subcontractor’s field operations. The Superintendent works under the guidance and direction of the Project Manager or Construction Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and plan the day to day field activities.
- Supervise work performance and productivity of craft employees and subcontractors to ensure project rules, procedures, specifications, safety requirements, etc. are followed.
- Assist with selection and hiring of project craft personnel.
- Maintain daily reports such as timecards, field reports, schedule updates and email correspondence. Ensure that all daily field tracking reports are accurate
- Assist in planning work schedule, determining manpower levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc. at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Ability to review and use project schedules to plan and direct field activities.
- Ability to recognize potential changes in scope or conditions.
- Enforce and adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Promote and support a positive Incident and Injury Free Safety Performance.
- Enforce and report any and all possible or perceived violations of local, state or federal regulations or permits.
- Responsible for the safe and profitable operation, maintenance, and reporting of all assigned project equipment.
- Assist in training and mentoring project personnel to enhance the company and client goals.
- Recognize and assist in all company’s bidding opportunities to include: sites visits, proposal writing, estimating and scheduling.
- Assist with marketing efforts to help achieve company’s financial goals, including development of the company’s growth plans to expand into new market sectors, including U.S Environmental and Civil Construction markets.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by supervisor.
The following physical activities or abilities are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual requirements of this position will vary.
- Lift, carry and push/pull at least 50 pounds without difficulty.
- Climb in and out of equipment.
- 10+ years in an environmental/construction field.
- Minimum 5 years at the salaried level supervisory position.
- In-Situ Stabilization project experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate with and lead a team composed of different crafts and subcontractors.
- Ability to confront difficult situations and manage them to a successful conclusion.
- Thorough knowledge of construction, construction equipment and project quality control. Ability to train craft labor in the use of construction equipment.
- Knowledge of material testing procedures required for quality control of the work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Heavy Equipment Operation
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training
- Competent Person Safety Training
- 8-Hour Supervisory Training
- 30-Hour OSHA Construction Safety Training
- First Aid and CPR
Representative Machines, Tools, Equipment
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, earplugs, gloves, hard hat safety glasses, steel toed work boots, and safety vest.
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Job Site environment, including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust and fumes.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
It is the policy of FORGEN to fill every position without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable law. FORGEN is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors and co-workers.