Location: Various Projects, as assigned
Employee Type: Exempt, Full-Time
Manages Others: No
Reports to: Project Manager or his designee
Summary of Functions
Civil engineering typically requires the application of a general knowledge of the physical sciences and mathematics underlying engineering and specialized knowledge of the mechanics of solids (particularly of soils), hydraulics, theory of structure, strength of materials, engineering geology and surveying. Assist with the overall execution of projects in accordance with the established budget, schedule, contract plans and specifications. Ensure the company’s safety culture is documented, communicated and enforced in accordance with the company’s established policies and procedures. The position may require 75% travel or more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Project specific engineering support, including:
- Preparing project submittals.
- Maintaining project record documents.
- Perform technical review of contract plans and specifications.
- Provide oversight and documentation related to project quality control in accordance
with the contract plans, specifications, and company policies and procedures.
- Preparing daily construction reports and progress tracking.
- Manage, interpret, and perform site surveying.
- Assist with the management of subcontractors.
- Assist with the procurement or rental of equipment and materials.
- Assist Project Manager with project daily cost reporting and tracking.
- Perform Office engineering support, including:
- Assist in the development of project cost estimates, proposals, and material take-offs.
- Perform technical analysis of the remediation methodologies of various previously remediated projects.
- Perform other administrative or office duties as required or as assigned.
- Travel to project sites as necessary for extended durations.
- Adhere to all federal, state and local regulations.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
- Required Experience/Education:
- BS, Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent project related experience.
- 1-3 Years field experience.
- Must be able to thoroughly understand the scope of project through plans and
- Must be self-directed with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have strong computer aptitude, including MS Office.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision.
- Must have strong physical and mental fitness.
- Beneficial Experience/Education:
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Experience with Primavera P6 scheduling software.
- Experience with Microsoft Project scheduling software.
- Experience with USACE QCS System.
- Experience with site surveying, both conventional and GPS.
- Assisting with the development of cost estimates and proposals.
- Prior project experience with In-Situ Stabilization.
- Prior experience with materials procurement and purchasing.
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training.
- 8-Hour OSHA Refresher.
- Competent Person Safety Training.
- 30-Hour OSHA Construction Safety Training.
The following physical activities or abilities are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual requirements of this position will vary.
- Lift, carry and push/pull at least 50 pounds without difficulty.
- Be able to stand or walk on a project site for extended durations.
- Climb in and out of equipment.
Representative Machines, Tools, Equipment
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, earplugs, gloves, hard hat safety glasses, steel toed work boots, and safety vest.
- MS Office software suite.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- GPS survey equipment.
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Job Site environment, including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust and fumes.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
It is the policy of Forgen to fill every position without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable law. Forgen is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors and co-workers.