Manage remediation and geotechnical projects and programs; maintain and enhance Forgen business relationships. Support business development with new clients. Represent Company management in negotiations with employee organizations. Assist the estimating and proposal development team. Manage each project assigned according to Forgen’s corporate philosophy of safe, quality production while securing the most favorable economic outcome for Forgen. The Project Director will internalize and enforce Company policy and procedures. Position may require occasional travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving a safety culture which promotes Incident and Injury Free Performance.
- Provide primary client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project.
- Manage the estimate for selected project with detailed review and evaluation of all contract documents. Prepare proposals, technical writing, drawings, schedules, presentations, and interviews as needed during a proposal process.
- Work closely with Site Manager during total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Manage interaction with all client representatives, engineers, stakeholders, public relations, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Work closely with Site Manager to plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction to administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.).
- Supervise site management employees and subcontractors.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e. interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc. as required. Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Assume full responsibility for all aspects of project success and failure to include: productivity of employees, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Perform additional assignments as directed.
- BS, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent preferred but not mandatory
- Past experience in a construction environment which demands outstanding safety performance a plus.
- AutoCAD, Primavera, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office.
- In-Situ Stabilization project experience a plus.
- Strategic Partnering/Interpersonal Savvy and Integrity:
- Ability to establish and maintain strong credible relationships with leaders and leverage these relationships to lead change and influence culture. Anticipates conflict and plans accordingly, persists in spite of resistance. Relates well and models core values at all levels, both inside and outside of the Company. Diffuse tension through effective communication. Persuasively promotes and sells thoughtfully developed ideas.
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training
- 8-Hour OSHA Refresher
- Competent Person Safety Training
- 30-Hour OSHA Construction Safety Training
- Will Train as Necessary
Representative Machines, Tools, Equipment
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, earplugs, gloves, hard hat safety glasses, steel toed work boots, and safety vest.
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Job Site environment, including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust and fumes.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
It is the policy of FORGEN to fill every position without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable law. FORGEN is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors and co-workers.