Location: Brielle, NJ
Employee Type: Exempt, Full-Time
Manages Others: No
Reports to: VP of Business Development
At Forgen, we are committed to leaving the planet better than we found it. As one of the largest environmental contractors in the United States, our integrated environmental remediation and geotechnical construction services restore and strengthen our natural surroundings to protect people, communities, and the environment for generations to come.
Forgen is looking to hire a Marketing and Administrative Coordinator. As Marketing and Administrative Coordinator, you will serve in an important dual role supporting both our local operations and company-wide marketing coordination efforts. You will work closely with both local and remote teams to coordinate project and staff logistics, manage day-to-day office responsibilities, and support our national business development team through marketing support functions.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate, you have previous experience supporting teams in a fast-paced environment both in-person and remotely. You have an acute attention to detail and the ability to remain flexible to changing project and marketing priorities and demands. You have a desire to make a difference through the support of our Northeast operations and the willingness to jump in and support marketing, communications, and proposal efforts on an as-needed basis.
- Administrative support to the resident Vice President, who also manages the office. This includes completing expense reports, making lodging and flight arrangements, and other administrative assignments as necessary.
- Coordination and assistance with annual client/charity event and other internal or client-related hospitality events as necessary. Support and possibly attend regional trade shows as needed through close coordination with marketing and business development team.
- Maintain records for all office equipment and act as a liaison for local vendors. Obtain written quotes from vendors as needed by request to support the proposal and project teams.
- General office support through ordering and maintaining all supplies, welcoming visitors, running errands locally as necessary.
- Operations support to include lodging and airfare price quotes and arrangements for all personnel requesting assistance in the East Region. May require occasional after-hours and weekend support for construction field crews.
- Preparation of client/project deliverables and correspondence as requested by project managers and Regional Operations VP.
- Support for marketing and business development team on an as-needed basis, to include maintenance of distribution lists, assistance with collection of project marketing data, and other marketing support functions.
- Support printing and production of client-facing proposals, marketing materials, and other collateral to advance the goals of the marketing and business development teams.
- Work closely with marketing and HR team to ensure smooth delivery of staff onboarding process through administering welcome packages, ordering branded merchandise, and serving as local marketing liaison for staff.
- A positive attitude and a passion for advancing our company’s initiatives through support of various groups and teams within the company.
- Strong commitment to internal client service, recognizing you will get requests for support from various departments/groups within the company.
- Acute attention to detail with commitment to quality in all deliverables.
- Ability to multitask and maintain ongoing responsibilities concurrently with other assignments.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage workload and deadlines.
- Strong writing skills and ability to draft, proofread, and finalize internal and client-facing documents.
- Ability to perform efficiently in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop) is preferred.
- Desire to embrace Forgen’s core values in all efforts.
Ability to communicate orally with vendors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is important. Regular use of the telephone and email for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended period is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers and FAX machines.
The job is primarily performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Some local and distanced travel within the US can be expected.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
It is the policy of Forgen to fill every position without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable law. Forgen is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors and co-workers.