Location: Rocklin, CA
Employee Type: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Manages Others: No
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Summary of Functions
Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, the HR Coordinator will provide day-to-day administrative support to the human resources department; application filing, pre-employment processing from start to finish, file maintenance, database entry and updates, I-9 maintenance and audits, employment screening and administration of health benefits. The HR Coordinator will interface daily with project level management in regards to hiring and ensure both state and federal law requirements are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Embrace Forgen’s Core Values in all aspects of the job
- Communicate with hiring managers on selected candidates
- Organizes and facilitates on-boarding paperwork with new employees from start to finish
- Ability to navigate ADP and create employee records, recognize data issues, employee data updates and pull reports
- Preparing weekly manning documents for upper management
- Protects organization by keeping information confidential
- Ensures all company required bulletin boards comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation
- Responds to employees general questions/requests
- Inputs and sends requests pre-employment drug screens and medical physicals to third party vendor
- Inputs daily updates to all HR data spreadsheets according to task completion and status changes
- Inputs and tracks employee background checks
- Assists employees with general questions related to benefits and company policies
- Increase job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- High School diploma or equivalent
- MS Office experience
- ADP experience a plus but not required
- 2 years of relevant HR experience required
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive on behalf of company business.
Ability to communicate orally with vendors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is important. Regular use of the telephone and email for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended period is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers and FAX machines.
The job is primarily performed indoors in a traditional office setting.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
It is the policy of Forgen to fill every position without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable law. Forgen is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors and co-workers.